Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Power of One Challenge- The final three weeks

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of me trying to keep up with my life. What's new? As I am writing this post, I should really be studying for an exam that I have tomorrow morning. Anyhow, the Power of One Challenge ended last week so I though I'd give a recap and post my numbers for the last three weeks.

Beginning of Challenge: 205
 
Week 6 (2/9)- 202.2 (200.8 the following day)
Week 7 (2/16)- 203.6 (202.2 the following day)
Week 8 (2/23)- 200.6 (199.4 the following day)

Total loss during the challenge: -4.4

In  the Week 5 Recap I weighed in at 201.6 so I had a gain the following two weeks but was still able to have a final weight close to my goal for the challenge (<200). My exercise regimen was pretty consistent but my eating was probably what caused these fluctuations. I also posted my weight on the morning after the weight in because interestingly enough it is always a lot lower??? I am not sure why this is the case but it might have to do with the fact that Wednesdays are my rest days and I am usually pretty sore or tired by Tuesday night. Maybe the recovery day helps with decreasing inflammation etc.?

Overall I really enjoyed this challenge. I missed getting to know new people since it was about the power of one person, but I got to know myself a lot better. My weight fluctuated a heck of a lot, running as high as 208 in the beginning and below 200 toward the end of the challenge. I've become a better planner and while it is still a work in progress, I've made strides in planning my meals and activities for the day and week. I also became very familiar with working out to muscle failure. I didn't comment on the February monthly project before now but for me this month it was the push-ups that did it. I hated doing push-ups before however, this month of Chalean Extreme gave me the gift of push-ups. I did them until I ended up on the ground in a slump. The upside? I can do at least eight perfect push-ups on my toes baby!

So the really good news is that the Spring Into Action Challenge begins tomorrow - and there's even a push-up challenge included! Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...