Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts...old stuff, new stuff, it's all in here


First of all, Happy Holidays! I hope everyone has a Merry Chrismahanukwanza and a Happy New Year when it begins.

Lazy blogger... yeah, that's me! There has been a lot of chillaxing around here in the past week and a half.

Since my last post I cut all my hair off (Hello TWA  :-). Yeah, I ran out of patience.), had a run in with this...
Spin Bike
...on my born day morning, endured three to four days of pain after (hmm I must have lost all cushioning in that area!), and cussed out one of my bffs for not providing adequate warning about said encounter.

The Holiday Hoedown Challenge ended last Wednesday. Our team continued to rock the exercise minutes but we were not the biggest losers. I weighed in with a 3lb gain in the finale because honestly, it was my birthday week and all bets were off! It started off a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and then had some of this...
Goat cheese and Apple Salad
Sweet Potato Fries

And continued with some of this...
Who needs cake when you can have this?
Baileys in Chocolate Shot cups

Yummies and...

Chocolate Fondue

Plus many more unphotographed indiscretions ;-). Good food, good friends, good times (and awesome gifts :-)). I thoroughly enjoyed the three day celebration! Thanks to all who participated/made it possible!

In addition to all that bday eating, there was "OMG, real Jamaican food (from Brooklyn)" eating and "10+ hours of driving in one weekend" eating and we won't mention "Christmas traditions" eating (that darn rum cake!). Oh yeah, no exercise either. I did get in a good (40 min or so) run on the Y's indoor track when I came to my senses woke up from many hours of post bday recovery slumber. I've been taking it easy since then and enjoying the holidays with my family so that means a hiatus from TurboFire and Chalean Extreme. To be honest, I think my body really needed it. I'll be back at it next week and restarting month three.


The Power of One- A new challenge started over at the Sisterhood and since I really enjoyed the last one, I will be participating in this one as well. The first weigh in was today and (somewhat) surprisingly I weighed in 3lbs lower than my final weight for the Holiday Hoedown Challenge. Our first challenge is to outline our healthy living goals for the challenge (which is 8 weeks long) and the New Year.

Here's my short list:

Run, run, run (a 5K and possibly a 10K... giving the Half Marathon the side eye). --I am excited about this goal because my shin situation put a damper on my running start this year but I discovered that I love running so here's to an injury free spring, summer and fall!
Be consistent with eating healthier and drinking a minimum of 64 ounces of water/day.
Lose the remaining weight and get to my goal weight!
Do more Bikram Yoga-- I love it!

Finally, I love it when I find a blogger who inspires me to step up my game. Check out these amazing ladies:

Fabulous Financials
RunCrimsonRun

That's all folks!







2 comments:

  1. Great post and great goals! I can't wait to see your progress throughout this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...