Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weight Loss (or should I say DROPPING the weight)


I figured that I would start here since it is one of my major focuses right now. Like many other people, one of my New Year resolutions was to become healthier in 2010. Not only do I want to become healthier but specifically I wanted to drop the extra 80+ lbs I am carrying around. I have a gym membership that I restarted last summer and I was going sporadically until the snow and freezing cold killed my motivation, so I started out the year by making the financial sacrifice of purchasing a treadmill. Since I am not a dieting type of girl, I knew I wasn't going to go low carb or low fat or low anything diet so I began researching ways to make healthier food choices. I found a lot of useful information and began implementing the basics in January (eating more fruits and veges, cooking more at home etc.). I finally got my treadmill in mid January but it took another month for me to get around to using it regularly. Life (i.e. school) definitely got in the way. So here I am almost three and a half weeks into eating better and working out 4-5 days a week and I feel fabulous. Not to mention the fact that the pounds have started to come off. I am ecstatic! I will definitely be sharing more about the process in future posts and hopefully we can keep each other accountable to becoming fit and healthier.

What are your health/fitness goals? Please share by leaving a comment.

2 comments:

  1. keep up the good work. I hope fulfill goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know this is an old one, but its always nice to read everyone's "Getting Started" posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...