Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ahhh, Food Heaven

Today was a good day in my food world. I finally found Larabars at a local health food store and tried the Coconut Cream Pie. I am in looovvee. One of the things I have been trying to do is cook tasty, healthy meals. It also doesn't hurt if they also are time efficient since time is usually limited for me these days. So, on my trip to Borders today my eyes caught the Cook Yourself Thin Faster cookbook and I snagged it. Let me say that upon browsing it there were so many thing I wanted to try. I settled on Shrimp with Grits (I mixed and matched the recipe from this cookbook with one from Chef John at Foodwishes.blogspot.com) and Cheesy Fries (using butternut squash)...

Taste test

Honestly, I really though I died and went to food heaven. Both were really, really yummy. The shrimp and grits made excellent comfort food and was done in about 30 minutes. The butternut squash took longer because of the peeling and cutting up but it was well worth the effort. I have posted the recipes under the recipes tab. Until you try them... Feast your eyes :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...