Saturday, October 23, 2010

Run Forest! Run!

Last night I felt like Forest Gump. I hopped on the treadmill to get in a run in an attempt to maintain the progress I've made in the running arena and much to my surprise, I could not stop running. I told myself initially that I would aim for twelve minutes of continuous running since I've only been able to do about ten minutes continuously for the past few weeks. Well, ten turned to twelve and twelve to fifteen and I still felt great. Before I knew it, twenty five minutes was coming right up! I stopped at twenty five minutes but I felt like I could have kept on running. It was amazing! I really don't know what made the difference with this run. Might have been all the stretching I did this week, or the crazy inclines that I walked earlier in the week, or just the lack of pressure... who knows. I just know that I am happy with the way my body keeps surprising me. Last Sunday I picked up my Jeanette Jenkins Pilates DVD after weeks of not practicing and busted out this move at the end for the first time ever!!!!


The Rollover

That's twice in one week that I surpassed my own expectations! That is one of the things that I love most about this fitness journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...