Sunday, October 17, 2010

NYX and Stila Mini Haul

This is my first makeup post so I'll start by saying that I LOVE shopping for makeup and creating new looks. I won't be doing swatches of any of the products that I am sharing (I'll leave that to the pros) but just wanted to show some of the things that I bought recently and sort of give my opinions of them. So, here we go...

I bought these items from the NYX website after going to my local Ulta and not finding them. I waited until there was enough stuff that I wanted because I had to pay shipping. Here's what I got...


In the first photo (from left to right) are Mocha and Dusty Rose. In the second photo (L to R) there is a Highlighter and Love, both are mosaic powders, and the last item is the Purple Smokey Look kit and it has two lip colors in the bottom row. I got these items mainly because I wanted to add to my collection of blushes and I really wanted a highlighter. If you are familiar with NYX then you know that these items are very highly pigmented yet very affordable. I fell in love with the Smokey Look kit when I saw it on their website this summer and because I LOVE purple (blame it on my alma mater :-)) I had to have it. That kit was $11. The blushes were $6 each and the mosaic powders were $8 each.

I also ordered from Sephora.com (releasing exam stress here!) and got the Stila travel palletes. These pallettes are very affordable ($10 each) and allow me to do a makeup look in no time.




The first two are Moscow and USA and the last two are Paris and Tokyo. In total there are five so there is one left to be released. There are four shadows and one convertible blush (aka both blush and lip color) in each pallete. Some of the lighter colors look like they were washed out by my camera but you can find them here. I used USA and Tokyo (haven't gotten to the other two as yet) and I really like them. I was able to put together a simple and professional daytime look in under fifteen minutes. Of the two I think I love the Tokyo pallete the most. I look forward to trying Moscow and Paris this week. They are easy to use, I got good color payout and best of all they fit into any purse or bag that I own, no matter how small it is.

I also got a small Makeup Forever High Definition powder to try out. I might do a review of that one at a later date. That's all folks!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...