Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lebanese Seven Spice

I was first introduced to Lebanese Seven Spice last summer while working in Chicago. One of my coworkers used it in her dishes and I loved the flavor that it added. I didn't think I would be able to find it in my area so I set out to make some myself. I found this article and followed the very simple instructions.
Here are the seven spices:

Allspice, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Ground Cloves, Ground Nutmeg, Fenugreek and Powdered Ginger
The hardest of these to obtain was the Fenugreek which I found at a local Bazaar for a very reasonable price. I also had whole cloves so I ground them to powder.


Next I mixed equal parts of the seven spices above in a container and that was it. I used the Seven Spice to make Bulgur and Chicken and I also plan to use it to make Chicken Biryani in the future.

Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...